Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chicken Fried Steak



(stupid video... but the song is pretty true)

Today I thought about a chicken fried steak I had in a town about a 1/2 hour outside of Austin.

It was a sheet metal shack restaurant that advertised "best chicken fried steak in the world". So I had to have it, obviously.

I ordered it. Got a can of diet soda as well. It came out in about 5 minutes. It was ok. It was in fact mediocre. The green beans were the best part. My stepdad makes some bitchin' chicken fried steak. It was better.

I suppose he should go into business.

In fact, the best part of Austin, Tx is actually at a place called Art's. They have sweet potato pecan pie.

Aside from that, I'm not a fan of Texas.

I do however enjoy King of the Hill and Kinky Friedman.

No comments:

Post a Comment