Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Wanna Be a Dog

Today I went about my normal morning routine:

wake up
turn on computer
grab cigarettes
pour myself a cup of coffee
walk into living room to wake up dogs, feed, and let them out

I do this zombie routine every day… but today was different. I watched the dogs more intently for some reason.

My two dogs are 8 and 14… little old dogs. I walk over and say “good morning guys.” And then I watched their routine which was as follows:

rise slowly, as to not be shaken
stretch slowly, wake up your body
greet your loved one and be thankful they are there
take look upon what loved ones have offered you
go outside, move briskly, enjoy the morning air
come back refreshed and eat heartily

So after observing my dogs… I came to a brief, new realization… why do we not live our own lives as dogs? Is this not an amazingly healthy way to start your day?

Other things I noticed… simple pleasures. How easy would it be to enjoy life if we just had the understanding of simple pleasures that a dog does?

And of course, sex without consequence, others to feed us, people pet you, you can bite someone for no reason other than the fact you wanted to…

To be a dog…

No comments:

Post a Comment